OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
No Purchase Necessary to Enter
1. To Enter:
Auditions – If you love to make others laugh and think you have what it takes to be the South's Funniest Financial Professional, you can audition live or submit a taped routine by calling Randi Bates. Please mail all taped auditions to Accountants One at 1866 Independence Square, Atlanta, Georgia 30338, Attn: Randi Bates. To reserve an audition slot, call Randi Bates at (770) 267-4261 to schedule a time on the audition date, September 13th.
Final Round – The final competition will be held on Thursday, November 10th at 8 p.m. at Center Stage. Finalists from the Auditions will perform standup comedy routines between three and five minutes long with original material, before a panel of judges and the theater audience. One Grand Prize Winner and Two Runners-Up Winners will be chosen by the judges.
2. Judging: A panel of at least three judges will be determining the winners. Judging will be determined using the following criteria:
1) Creativity and uniqueness of comedy routine
2) Delivery of comedy routine
3) Audience reaction
The judges' decision will be final, and will be determined immediately following the performance on November 10th. Your routine needs to be no stronger than "PG-13" in language or subject matter.
3. Winner Notification: The Grand Prize Winner and the Runners-Up will be notified at the end of the Final Round. Winners will be sent a declaration of eligibility/liability, publicity and guest/performer release, which must be returned within three (3) days of receipt to Accountants One.
Finalists - The Finalists from the Auditions will receive a complimentary “comedy boot camp” training session from an Improv coach to hone their routines and prevent jokes from being duplicated. The writing Comedy Boot Camp will be TBA and the performance boot camp will be TBA.
Grand Prize –The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two to Las Vegas, Nevada. Total Estimated Value of Grand Prize is: $1,500.
5. Eligibility: Any individual/group who is over the age of 21 years and is an accounting or financial professional in metro Atlanta is eligible to participate. The following persons are not eligible: employees (and immediate family members) of Accountants One, Inc., Junior Achievement of Georgia, and affiliated companies and subsidiaries. By entering this contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules, including eligibility requirements, and the decisions of the judges. Any previous winner of the Search for the South's Funniest Accountant is not eligible to participate.
6. General: Taxes are the responsibility of winner. The travel companion of Grand Prize Winner must be 21 years of age or older and must sign liability/publicity and guest/performer releases prior to travel. No substitution or transfer of prizes, except by sponsor in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final in all respects. Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Accountants One, Inc., Junior Achievement of Georgia, and Scholz Communications from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, or use, of any prize.
7. Confidentiality: Information provided by entrants to participate in this contest shall be used by Accountants One for the purpose of conducting this Contest and shall not be disclosed except as necessary to meet such purpose. The Finalists shall agree to the use of their name, likeness, and performance in promotions and marketing related to the Contest on behalf of Accountants One and /or and /or Junior Achievement of Georgia.
8. Winner List: For the name, city and state of the Finalists, see accountantsone.com.
9. Contest sponsored by Accountants One: Accountants One, Inc., 1866 Independence Square, Atlanta, Georgia 30338.